The information contained on QnotesCarolinas.com is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Qnotes and whilst we endeavor to keep the information up-to-date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of Qnotes. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those site. The inclusion of any link does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Qnotes takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
Engaging in a healthy dialogue can be enlightening and help to expand one’s understanding of issues and one’s world around them. it is our intent to provide a public forum for our readers to do so. However, we do have rules to follow. They are for the betterment of the interchange of thoughts, ideas and concepts.
Therefore, Qnotes offers readers the ability to post comments on some portions of our online material and other forms of online conversation among readers and users of our website. The comment threads at QnotesCarolinas.com are open to site users who agree to these terms. Views and opinions written by readers in these comment threads do not necessarily represent the thoughts, opinions or official positions of Qnotes, Pride Publishing & Typesetting or any of its staff, freelancers or other contractors.
Qnotes staff reserves the right to edit or remove any publicly posted content including, but not limited to content deemed to be offensive, abusive or obscene, those comments containing unsubstantiated claims against any person or group or comments containing violence, threats or other abusive language; by leaving a comment on this website and clicking the “Submit” button commenters agree to refrain from using such language and agree that Qnotes reserves the right to edit or remove any or all of your comment or blog post under these terms and conditions.
Upon submitting their comment, users acknowledge that from time to time Qnotes editorial staff may choose to publish in its editorial pages of the print edition of the publication all or part of those comments or posts made online. At the full discretion of the editor, freelance payment may be made to those writers whose work is used. Writings and other material submitted on this website or the community blog is considered property of Pride Publishing & Typesetting.
In order to maintain the integrity of our online presence, we have instituted the following guidelines to ensure the safety and wellbeing of those we serve.
- All comments do not have to go through an approval process to be posted, however they will be moderated for content.
- Comments may not contain content that is protected under copyright laws unless proper attribution is given. Best standards would be to include a link to the external website where readers may read the entirety of the content.
- We have the right to remove any comment that we deem to be threatening in nature, including ones that may cause distress to someone else.
- Defaming an individual, organization or other entity will not be tolerated and the comment will be immediately removed.
- Use of abusive or disruptive behavior is strictly forbidden. This would include vulgar/off-color language (and their abbreviations), obscenities, harassment, threats, flaming, trolling, assuming the identity of another individual, blackmail, hate speech, illegal activity, unsubstantiated information, use of more than one ID to flood or incite online dialogue, personal attacks, or infringement of others’ rights to use the website.
- Use of offensive language or content will not be accepted. This could pertain to comments made that are racist, homophobic, transphobic, against someone’s religious affiliation or beliefs, sexually explicit in nature, sexist, against the disabled, or anything else that Qnotes deems unacceptable and/or objectionable. Links to outside resources that showcase nudity, genitalia, sexual intercourse, and others, will not be permitted.
- Qnotes has the right to bar anyone whose comments become extremist and permanently block the individual from future posts.
- We will not edit comments. If we deem that they violate any of our guidelines as described here, we do have the right to delete them from the comments section. Remember, with online content, social media outlets and others can recant your comments through their resources. Once in the ether, the world is privy to what has been said. Post thoughtfully.
- Qnotes encourages its commenters to use either one’s real name or a screen name. Anonymous comments are allowed, however.
- We respect the privacy of our readers and those who choose to post comments. Please, exercise this philosophy when making online comments. Those that “out” or release personal information about another individual will be permanently barred from making future comments and those comments can be removed to ensure the safety and security of those in the community. Those could include: sexual orientation or identity, phone numbers, personal addresses, email addresses, employer, etc. Additionally, sharing someone’s experiences other than your own without written permission, is a direct violation of that person’s right to privacy and will not be tolerated. Examples are: rape, physical or emotional disorders or conditions, personal body issues, and more.
- If you have personal issues or comments with our website or its content, we welcome your input. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Threatening or harassing behavior and discussion
Qnotes reserves the right to inform proper law enforcement agencies of threatening and/or harassing behavior, language or threats along with any personal identifying information (such as email addresses, names, IP addresses, etc.) which might aid law enforcement in their investigation.
Community Journalists / Writers
Some of the articles, opinions and views provided by community members on QnotesCarolinas.com are not intended as medical, legal or financial advice. All information is provided for entertainment and community discussion purposes only. These features are authored by community members and journalists. Additional content may be provided by affiliates, other websites or other news publications. Content contained on QnotesCarolinas.com is not to be used as a substitute for medical attention, diagnosis, treatment, or other professional mental health or medical services. As laws, details and personal situations vary from person to person and state to state, content is not and cannot be used as a substitute for legal, parental, health, mental health, career or financial advice.
Citing and quoting on your website
We welcome fair use of brief, choice excerpts of text content from QnotesCarolinas.com with attribution. However, if you are thinking of quoting content from Qnotes here are some guidelines to be sure you are doing so appropriately.
All text lifted from the website should be attributed to both Qnotes and the author or authors and be linked to the original article. If possible please link back to the original text that the quote is lifted from.
Quoting accurately is very important, and if modifications are made to the text lifted from Qnotes, the modifications should be made clear and obvious and remarks included with the quote should make clear the text has been modified. This includes adding bold, italics, or strike-through elements, underlining, substituting words, or other modifications. Word or capitalization substitutions should be made within brackets or outside of quotation makrs, and if sentences are only being used in part, an ellipses should indicate the abridging.
Sharing on social media
Sharing links to QnotesCarolinas.com content on social media networks is permitted and encouraged. Please use any built-in link-sharing mechanisms rather than copying and pasting full articles, which is a violation of copyright.
Republishing of RSS feed
QnotesCarolinas.com does not allow the republishing of our content through RSS feed or otherwise without express permission. Qnotes and QnotesCarolinas.com does not allow the republishing of full articles or similar behavior without express permission. We reserve the right to pursue legal action against violators of fair use, instances of plagiarism, copyright infringement or other instances of piracy.
Photography, graphics and other multimedia found on QnotesCarolinas.com may not be republished, either in print or online, without express prior permission. We may or may not have full copyright to the images that appear on the website. We are unable to offer any permission of public domain and/or reader-submitted photographs.
Collaborations and Partnerships
Qnotes may collaborate with a single, set and/or group of content-sharing partners on single, long-term or special reporting projects. These collaborations may be developed with or without notification of any other content-sharing partner. Such partnerships are noted when applicable to a story or content published on the website or in print.
Given the nature of Web publishing, our terms & conditions may change from time to time; any changes will be posted here as soon as they go into effect.