My boyfriend and I have enjoyed a very stable and comfortable year of monogamy, but his part-time job of bartending at a local leather bar is making me very jealous! I’m Brazilian and it’s natural for me to be jealous. How can I deal?
Jealous Brazilian, Boston, MA
Dearest Jealous Brazilian,
Everyone knows that Brazilians are hot-blooded, jealous types. Everyone also knows that jealousy destroys. Just like a tornado, jealousy comes out of nowhere, has no course of action except to strike, then damages everything in its path. Listen, sweetie, try focusing on his stable commitment to monogamy, not his job. Wind down your feeling or you may end up forcing him to take cover, somewhere safer and less tumultuous than your relationship!
A few years back, I saw you in Provincetown, Mass., giving the sermon, “From Drags to Riches.” You mentioned that you write and syndicate Tell Trinity, do shows, tours and keep a full-time job! How can I do what you do?
Amazed, San Francisco, CA
Any artist, writer and/or actor will tell you that in between our many full-time jobs, we make time for our dreams. When most people are out dancing till dawn, I’m home working on my dreams. But, don’t cry for me Argentina because the truth is I’m living my dreams and living out our dreams means accepting its tedious, backbreaking, impractical work. So, baby, if you want to do what I do, give up your practical life and start working very hard on living your dreams! (See how well I multi-task when you take cues from my cartoon.)
My boyfriend and I had our first big fight. Does this mean it’s over?
First Fight, Topeka, KS
Hey First Fight,
Happily dating couples often think that they’re in “Oz.” Then comes the first fight when someone appears to be the Wicked Witch of the West. But, only a cowardly lion needs to run. When the Yellow Brick Road turns gray, honey, it often leads to a new awakening. Fighting is a normal and it’s often a healthy way two people let it all out. So, let this fight make you two stronger not weaker. Practice communication, compromise and forgiveness! So, until a house falls on your head, remember even Dorothy and Aunty Em had growing pains!
One minute my boyfriend’s very attentive and the next he’s unaware of my very existence. Help!
MEN (ugh!), Glens Falls, NY
Hello MEN (ugh!),
You’re either very young or very new to the ways and woes of men! So, darling, here’s some hints for getting through the next hundred years or hundred days:
Trinity’s Eye Opening Tips For Understanding The Lame Activities Of Men
1. Inconsistency, selfishness and cold mood swings are side affects of MSG and men!
2. If he’s madly in love with you and can’t stop thinking about you, but acts like nothing’s going on then you’re definitely with a man!
3. Emotional expressions are often found in women, artists and many living things, but as for men, try again!
4. My needs, my freedom, my sexual desires, my side of the story…” are phrases most often spoken by…guess who!
5. Some men are extremely kind, sensitive, warm and loving, but these men are mostly found in monasteries!
6. Cooking, cleaning, parenting and taking out the trash are things men find…other people to do!
7. If you’re (tired of) hearing, “I’m late”, “I forgot our date” or “Blah, blah, blah, it’s not my fault.” then you are surely with a man!
8. Occasional flings and apparent flirting accompanied by puppy dog eyes and expensive presents can only represent one gender!
9. Men often appear clear-headed, practical, passionate types…until the third month of dating!
10. Lastly, now that you know everything about men, don’t fret, because they can also be trained to be incredibly romantic…given time!
info: With a Masters of Divinity, Reverend Trinity hosted “Spiritually Speaking,” a weekly radio drama performed globally, and is now minister of sponsor, WIG: Wild Inspirational Gatherings, wigministries.org. Learn more at telltrinity.com.