There are more opportunities now more than ever for you to help shape your community-driven and community-powered local LGBT and progressive media! QNotes has exciting ways you can get involved!
Submit news and feature articles, press releases and reviews
Did you visit a nice restaurant, store, bar, club or event and want to share your amazing experience? Is there a high-profile event heading our way and you want to give it the extra bit of exposure it deserves? Submit your community contributions in the form of feature articles, news stories, press releases, reviews, and personal reflections and stories!
- Click here to create an account here at goqnotes-launch2.newspackstaging.com
- Check your email to activate your account
- Learn more about using our content management system, WordPress, to create written stories and to upload photos
- Click here to submit a new post
Community submission tips:
- Good online stories that can also be used in print editions are usually between 400-900 words in length
- Great stories and personal reflections require great photographs! Don’t have a photo? Let us know and we’ll find one for you!
- Ever need help or guidance or just simply want to submit a press release or contribution via email? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submit events to our collaborative community calendar!
Jointly presented by QNotes, The LGBT Community Center of Charlotte and Visit Gay Charlotte, the new community events calendar allows you to submit your event once and have it displayed across three different websites! Increase your exposure by submitting your event today for the wide reach brought to you by our joint collaboration.
Getting started: Click here to submit your event
Contribute a “Community Voices” commentary
Your voice. Your newspaper. Contribute a commentary…
Calling all community leaders and volunteers! We invite you to pen a contribution to our new “Community Voices” column. Each issue, we want to feature the wise words and commentary of community leaders, volunteers and others. The column represents an opportunity to chat up your organization and its activities, share your opinions on important or timely matters or address developing issues in our local LGBT, civic, social or religious life. You can even submit multiple columns or a series addressing several related topics! All submissions should be 600 words or less and include your name as you would like it to appear in print, as well as a brief bio for yourself and your organization and contact information for yourself and your organization. Submissions can be sent to email@example.com with “Community Voices Column Submission” in the subject line.
The new QNotes website is just in its beginning stages! Check back soon for more feature announcements, like community groups and localized city/region pages!